In addition to Vanguard being Manhattan’s leading Remodeling Contractor, we have a strong and lasting connection to the city. Manhattan, Kansas is where Jim Hund of Vanguard Home Designs lives with his beautiful wife, Katie, and her cat, Macaroni (the cat was a package deal for the marriage).
Before we share all of our business services and happy clients, we wish to share more about Manhattan, the town that we love. From Manhattan City Park to KSU to Cico Park, we enjoy working all throughout this great town. In 2011, Forbes rated Manhattan No. 1 for “Best Small Communities for a Business and Career.” Do we believe it? Absolutely! Why do we agree with Forbes and think Manhattan is #1? Improving the homes of the Manhattan Community is an enjoyable experience, and there is not anywhere else we would rather be. Our Manhattan clients are AWESOME!
Manhattan, Kansas has so many outstanding characteristics. To list a few:
- Home of the world’s greatest university, Kansas State University (as ranked by Jim Hund)
- Strong relationship with Fort Riley
- Future home of the National Bio and Agro-defense Facility (NBAF), with an economic impact of $3.6 billion to the community
- Strong Manhattan Area Chamber of Commerce
- Colbert Hills Golf Course, a PGA licensed facility with beautiful views of the Flint Hills
- Full of recreational activity areas and surrounded by two large lakes, Tuttle Creek and Milford Lake.
- Support of local businesses. Manhattan strongly embosses the motto of “Keeping it Local
In addition to Jim Hund living in the heart of Manhattan, next to City Park, Jim met his wife, Katie, while attending Kansas State University. Jim was pursuing his degree in Construction Science and Management, while Katie was being an overachiever and obtaining three degrees (Bachelor degree in Family Studies and Human Services; Bachelor degree in Psychology; and Master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy). Katie loves to help people, so it is fitting that she works as Manhattan’s daytime Crisis Therapist for Pawnee Mental Health. If you want to harm yourself or harm others, you will most likely have the pleasure of meeting Katie Hund.
You can learn about the City overall from the Official City of Manhattan website here. And if you are here for just a short stay or business gathers, then check out the Manhattan Convention and Visitor Bureau website here.
Our Manhattan Home Improvement Solutions
Reduce your heating and cooling costs in times of rising energy prices. Making your Manhattan, KS house more energy efficient will reduce your energy usage, make your home more comfortable, save money, and reduce your carbon footprint. There are many steps a Manhattan, KS General Contractor can take to make your home more energy efficient, increase your home’s value, and in many cases, create a return on your investment.
We do far more than energy efficient improvements. Below are just some of the services Vanguard Home Designs can perform to improve your home:
- An expert Manhattan, KS Vinyl Siding Installer can add Insulated Vinyl Siding that will protect your home from the harsh Kansas elements
- Experienced team of Engineered Wood Siding installation specialists
- A Window Contractor will replace old drafty windows with new Vinyl Replacement Windows. See a recent Manhattan, KS Window Replacement project here.
- Perform an audit on your home to see any problematic areas that will lower the efficiency of your your home.
- Entry Door Installations, Patio Door Installations, and Storm Door Installation Contractor
- Manhattan Kitchen & Bathroom Remodeling
- Renovations with optional digital construction design services (3D Modeling of Construction before we start construction)
- Fully Licensed Commercial and Residential General Contractor in Manhattan, Kansas
- Insured Contractor
- KDHE Renovation Repair and Painting Certified (Lead Safety) Contractor. Which means we are certified by the Feds to work on Pre-1978 homes.
- Full Service Manhattan General Contractor Services
- Home Remodeling Services in Manhattan
- Complete Renovations of Manhattan, KS Homes
- Turn-Key Construction. We handle all aspects from start to finish.
- Deck Builder and Deck Restoration
- Composite Decks and Composite Railings
- Manhattan, KS Gutter Installation Company
- Install/Replace Gutter Covers & Leaf Guards
- Wood Fence Builder & Installer
- Concrete Driveway Installation, Concrete Paving, & Concrete Sidewalks
- Garage Buidling
- Latest innovations in Exterior Wall Coverings
- Screen Porch Windows
- Damage Restoration & Painting Contractor
- Do you want a deck that does not drip water to the area underneath? Also, inexpensive? We have you covered (some pun intended). Just contact us and ask.
- In summary, if you are thinking home improvement projects, we are Manhattan’s first call.
Contact Vanguard for a Home Consultation
We enjoy working with all of our clients in the Manhattan area. If you are looking to update or upgrade your home, we welcome you to contact us to ask us some getting started questions or to inquire about an estimate for your next project.